BY CAMPAIGN BUDGET (₦)
currently under service
How It Works
Raise money with Avale within seconds of launching your campaign:
- Start a campaign
- Create a campaign for free. Tell your story in words, pictures or videos. Start raising money within minutes of launch as we support and advice every step of the way.
- Share your campaign
- Share your campaign with friends, family, supporters, and strangers on supported social channels, even as Avale engages the public on your behalf and helps grow your donations.
- Manage donations
- Receive your donations securely via PayStack and access speedily at the click of a button.
Trust & Security
- Terms of usage
- Reporting: Users (donors, beneficiaries, campaign organizers) can make reports and reach out to us for any clarifications via the “contact us” menu or via the chat box on the campaign page. Alternatively, reports should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com. Our team will respond within 24 hours of receiving the report.
TIPS FOR USERS
|What donors can do||What Campaign Initiators Can Do|
Before making a donation, it is advised that you explore the campaign page and review the story to learn about the cause and its ultimate beneficiaries. Avale strongly recommends using the Verify Campaign feature on our platform to help generate information necessary to support confidence in your altruistic decisions.
Be Open to Engagement
Donors and volunteers require the right information if they are to back causes. Do your best to answer questions and provide clarification to their concerns. Help your campaign and the community by using the comments section of your campaign page. Remaining responsive and forthright can greatly advance responsiveness to your campaign.
If there’s any part of the campaign that requires clarification, go ahead, ask the Campaign Initiator in the Comments section underneath every campaign. Comments are a great way to secure continuous feedback between all categories of users. We encourage you to use the Report feature on campaign pages if you become aware of any suspicious activities. It will be promptly investigated, because we remain committed to a safe experience for all.
Keep Us in the Loop
Updates are a sure-fire way to ensure optimum engagement for the full period of your campaign. A viral story is great, but carrying along all those who believe in your cause is a far more powerful strategy for promoting long-term credibility.
SNAPSHOT OF AVALE’S SECURITY MEASURES
Avale, being committed to protecting and ensuring full compliance, is governed by best practices, as reflected by adoption of Financial and Technology policies, including Anti-Money Laundering (AML) and Combating Financing of Terrorism (CFT) policies.
Other standard safety measures include the following:
|Data Security||Campaign Veracity||Platform Legitimacy|
Welcome to our fundraising tips section.
Every campaign on the Avale platform has been validated, so we are excited to support and ensure success. Of course, this wouldn’t be possible without the selfless and fantastic donors and volunteers who help targets be met. We owe it to them to help causes they are passionate about be realized. This is why Avale, beyond providing the best platform for donations and campaign exposure, proffers ideas and tips for each organizers’ benefit.
For all first-time fundraisers and campaign organizers or anyone stuck on figuring out how to raise funds or awareness for your campaign. We’ve got you covered. If you have any queries or questions, please reach us via email (firstname.lastname@example.org), we assure we are with you every step of the way!
A few common and success tips to aid your crowdfunding campaigns:
Properly define goals and deadline
You’re more likely to draw the attention of people to your cause when you clearly define your aim for the donations. Itemizing costs promotes credibility and accountability. In the event you start with a moderate goal but increase it in the face of new developments, speedily updating your donors and volunteers assuages potential doubts or confusion.
Pick a fascinating campaign title
Before you set up a campaign, pick a name that is attractive. One that will get people interested in your cause
Make it concise, descriptive and easy to find when searched on Avale’s platform.
Employ high-resolution images and videos
When creating campaigns, only use high-resolution images and videos to depict your cause. This definitely helps engagement. Avale advises the use of more images than videos for greater insight and accessibility.
Post-campaign launch, effort should be made to continuously reach out to your network of initial supporters. Before we proceed to soliciting strategy, do note;
The first three and last three days of any fundraiser are important. The most momentum in fundraising is gathered within this period, so, start strong and finish well.
With your campaign live, we suggest that you pitch to your social circle. Aim to raise 25% of your target from this band of supporters, a lot of momentum will be generated thus, and attract the necessary support of outsiders.
It is very important to update your campaign regularly. The frequency at which you update your campaign will help engagement and prove urgency. It is advised that you post updates multiple times a week. A new image, video or written content will keep donors and volunteers in the loop and encourage them to continue supporting.
Every donation received should be met with commensurate gratitude. When you show appreciation, a sense of fulfillment at contributing to the success of your cause is invariably evoked in donors and volunteers. This typically leads to them getting more involved in spreading the word to other potential supporters.
CREATING A CAMPAIGN FROM START TO FINISH
|1||SIGN UP/CREATE ACCOUNT: Users are required to sign up and create an account before starting a campaign|
|2||LOG IN: After creating an account, users will need to sign into their account with the username and password created at registration to begin a campaign|
|3||CREATE A CAMPAIGN: To start a campaign, users will click the “create a campaign” button. Users can have up to 3 campaigns running concurrently on their account|
|4||CAMPAIGN TITLE: Fill in the campaign title in the required field. The campaign title has to be 40 characters max or less|
|5||CAMPAIGN CATEGORY: On the drop-down box, select the category your campaign falls within (health, education, emergencies, charities)|
|6||BENEFICIARY: State the individual or organization that will be the final recipient of the funds raised. This applies if the campaign organizer is not the ultimate beneficiary of the funds raised|
|7||FUND GOAL: State the amount you are looking to raise for your project. This must be as reasonable as possible|
|8||TERMS AND CONDITION: Check the box to show that you agree to the terms and conditions of the platform. Please note that, you cannot proceed if you do not agree to the terms and conditions|
|9||ADD IMAGE/VIDEO: Users can add an image and or a video of themselves or an image/video that depicts their campaign project. Images and videos must be high resolution|
|10||WRITE A STORY: Write a descriptive story|
|11||SUBMIT: Once the campaign organizer is satisfied with all the details provided. Click Share. A success message will be displayed on the screen to indicate that the campaign set up was successful|
|12||SHARE: At this point, your campaign can start receiving donations. Users can connect their social media pages to the platform to make sharing seamless or create a personalized link by clicking the “edit link” button|
- CAMPAIGN MANAGEMENT
- REQUIREMENT FOR A CAMPAIGN
- A description of the campaign organizer
- A description of the beneficiary if different from the user
- The relationship between the user and beneficiary
- A description of what the project to be funded is about
- How the funds will be used (Be as specific as possible)
- How the funds will be gotten to the beneficiary
- EDITING/UPDATING CAMPAIGN: Campaign organizers have the right to make updates to their campaigns if deemed necessary. To edit and update a campaign user are required to:
- Sign in to their account
- Click “View my campaign” button
- Choose the campaign to edit and click “Manage”
- Proceed to make updates and changes to their campaign
- MANAGING COMMENTS: Users can turn off and turn on and delete donors comment on their campaign. To do this, users are required to
- Sign into their account
- Navigate to their campaign dashboard
- Click comment and select option to ‘Turn off or Turn on comment”
- DEACTIVATION OF CAMPAIGN: Campaign organizers can deactivate campaigns on their account at their discretion. Campaigns can be deactivated in the following ways
- Turning Donations off: Users are required to
- Sign into their account;
- Navigate to their campaign dashboard;
- Select Donations, Click View donations;
- Scroll down and click “Turn off”.
- Deactivating the campaign
- Sign into an account;
- Navigate to the campaign dashboard, click View campaign;
- At the right hand of the campaign dashboard, you will see an option to “deactivate campaign”
- Click the button to deactivate
- Deactivating an account
- Go to account settings
- Scroll down to the “delete account” button
- Click the button and click ok to delete
- INFORMATION ABOUT CAMPAIGN DEACTIVATION
- Only a campaign organizer and the compliance officer can deactivate a campaign on an account
- Deactivating a campaign does not affect withdrawals of already donated funds
- Before ending a campaign, A final update must be done to the campaign reduce confusion among donors about where the campaign went or why it is no longer accepting donations
- DONATION MANAGEMENT
- REQUIREMENT FOR MAKING A SUCCESSFUL DONATION
- Donations can be made using debit and credit cards from the following card brands
- When making donations, the donor should make donation with his/her personal card and device and not with someone else’s
- Donors should use their full names when donating to help match the name on the cards with the name of the donor
- Minimum donation amount is N500
- MONITORING DONATIONS: Users can monitor donations and see how much funds have been donated to their account and also leave a gratitude message to their donors.
- Log into their account
- Click on the campaign dashboard
- View donations
- MAKING DONATION ANONYMOUS
- Visit the Campaign you’d like to support and select the "Fund Now" button
- Check the "Donate anonymously” box and continue payment
- WITHDRAWAL MANAGEMENT
- WHEN SHOULD A WITHDRAWAL BE INITIATED?
- MAKING A WITHDRAWAL
- To initiate a withdrawal, navigate to the right side of the campaign dashboard and click the “withdraw” button
- A mail will automatically be sent to the user to verify this request
- Upon verification another mail will be sent stating the duration of time it will take to process funds (2-5 working days)
- Funds will be processed within 2-5 working days
- HOLDS ON WITHDRAWAL
- Incomplete KYC documentation: Clients will be required to forward all KYC document to process payment. A mail will be sent to clients without complete documentation requesting that they forward the required KYC document to enable processing
- Incorrect account information: All account number/information must be entered correctly to prevent disbursement delay
- Campaign regularization: If there are noticed exceptions to a campaign and users have not made the necessary changes or update as required, funds will be placed on hold
- REFUND POLICY
- A campaign has been confirmed fraudulent (After thorough investigation);
- The campaign organizer does not deliver the funds to the beneficiary
- The campaign organizer /beneficiary is charged with a crime related to misrepresentation made in their campaign
A campaign story must include the following details:
Donors have the option of keeping their donation anonymous to the public. Their donations will be visible to the campaign organizer’s alone. To donate anonymously:
Avale only allows disbursement at the expiry of a campaign. Clients can only request for a withdrawal at the end of their campaigns. However, Avale will make exceptions to certain identifiable cases using their discretion
Upon expiry of campaign, client goes to their campaign dashboard and initiate withdrawal.
Funds will be placed on hold in the following instances:
Avale’s mission is to empower people to help people. At Avale we want to make sure our donors have the best donating experience so they are encouraged to help more. The Avale security advantage make sure donors (those who give money to a campaign) are protected at all times when making donations.
Avale does not refund donations except in the following instances:
Note: This is contingent on Avale successfully recovering the funds from beneficiary bank account if already disbursed.
- This Policy shall provide for the kind of Personal Data we collect from our users as well as the purpose of collecting and using the data, how long it is retained, with whom we share it, and users’ rights concerning the data.
- This Policy shall apply to companies/organizations, individual actual and/or prospective customers, irrespective of nationality or residence and shall however not cover how users may use or share data that they collect using our Services.
- Please read this Policy carefully. By accessing or using any of our Services, you hereby agree to be bound by this Policy and where you do not agree to be bound by any of the terms you should not use our Services.
- By accepting the terms of this Policy you are certifying that you are of the legal age of majority in the jurisdiction where you reside and if you have not yet reached the age of majority you may not use our Services
- This Policy may change, without notice, from time to time and continued use of this Website after any changes are made is deemed to be acceptance of those changes, so it is your duty to check the Policy periodically for updates.
2. APPLICATION OF POLICY.
This policy applies to Personal Data that we collect:
- On our website(s).
- In e-mail, text and other electronic messages exchanged between us and/or through our website(s).
- When you interact with advertising and applications of third-party websites and services appearing on our website(s). However, it does not cover any aspect of your interaction with a third party site (even if accessed via our website) or any data collection or use by such third parties.
3. PERSONAL DATA
For the purposes of this Policy the term "Personal Data" may include, but not be limited to, information that, acting alone or together with other data elements that we have, been provided is sufficient to identify a user as a specific natural person.
Examples of Personal Data elements may include: a name, an identification number, location data, an online identifier or to one or more factors specific to your physical, gender, physiological, mental, economic, cultural or social identity as a particular natural person.
4. INFORMATION COLLECTED, HOW IT IS COLLECT AND USED.
In accordance with the provisions of this Policy, we generally use information that we collect (or that you provide to us), including any Personal Data:
- To present our website(s) and its contents to you.
- To provide you with a unique online user experience
- To allow you to participate in interactive features on our website(s).
- To provide you with information or Services that you request from us.
- To provide you with notices about your account, including expiration and renewal notices
- To carry out our obligations and enforce our rights arising from any contracts entered into between you and us, including for billing and collection.
- To notify you about changes to our website(s) or any Services we offer or provide through it.
- To fulfill any other purpose for which you provide it.
- In any other way we may describe when you provide the information to us.
- For any other ancillary purposes consistent with your consent.
We may collect and process the following categories of information, some or all of which may include Personal Data:
Account Data. We may obtain and process data regarding any registration or subscription process regarding any of our Services. Account Data may include information you provide during a registration process, including in connection with any co-branded offer or third party goods/services provided through our website(s). This information may include your user name, corporation or business name, and other identifying information such as your physical or shipping address, email address, user name, IP address, billing address, credit card or other payment data, geographic location and industry, and any preferences you may have established using our Services. It may also include age-verification data that we may be required to obtain to establish that you are of the legal age of majority.
Account Data may be obtained and processed for the purposes of operating our website(s), providing our Services in the manner in which you have requested, ensuring the security of our Services, preventing or investigating attacks and/or fraud, maintaining back-ups of our databases and communicating with you. The legal basis for this processing is your consent and provision of this data to us, our entry into and performance of any agreement you may have with us, the delivery of Services you may have requested, our legal obligations as required to comply with applicable law regarding age verification, maintenance of proper accounts, attend to security issues and prevent or investigate attacks and/or fraud, protection against money laundering, our need regarding the maintenance of banking and payment processing relationships, and the proper operations of our business.
User Content Data. We may also collect and process information that you post for publication on our website(s) or through the use of our Services as user donations. User content data can include content you upload and any metadata associated with the upload, ratings and/or reviews and/or comments you may post to any forum, or information you include or exchange with any other user on our website(s).
User Content Data may also be shared with third party websites that publish all or parts of User Content Data available on our website(s). Examples of such instances include affiliates with whom we may share your information as a part of our Donor Campaign profile functionality) and Google (which may reproduce all or a portion of your User content data in its publicly available search results). The legal basis for our collection and processing of such data is your consent (by submitting the User Content Data). Our legitimate interest in processing this data is namely to perform the Service(s) as and in the manner you have requested, attend to security issues and prevent or investigate attacks and/or fraud, address actual or asserted violations of legal rights, and to properly administer our Services.
You should generally consider your User Content Data you share with this Website to be public in nature and you should not share any information that you would not want to become known to the general public. User contributions are posted on and transmitted to others at your own risk. We cannot control the actions of other users of our website(s) with whom you may choose to share your user contributions. Therefore, we cannot and do not guarantee that your user contributions, and any User Content Data contained therein will not be viewed by unauthorized persons
Discretion is a key part of your responsibilities. Moreover, if you delete your User Contributions from our website(s), copies of your user contributions, and any User Content Data contained therein, may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other website users.
User Contact Data. We may collect and process information contained in any inquiry you submit to us regarding Services. Such data may include your name and other identifying information such as your physical or shipping address, email address and/or IP address, the communication content, and metadata associated with the communication. Our legal basis and legitimate interest for obtaining and processing such data is to communicate with you, respond to your inquiries, and offer, market and sell relevant Services as requested, attend to security issues and prevent or investigate attacks and/or fraud, maintain our record keeping, and properly administer our business.
Payment Data. If you engage in transactions with our website(s), we may obtain and process information you supply relating to such transactions, including the donations that you make through our website. Such data may include your user name, name, company name and other identifying information such as your physical or registered address, email address and/or IP address and other information directly related to the specific transaction. The legal basis for obtaining and processing such data is to enter into and perform any agreement we may have with you for the purpose of supplying the Services and issuing and maintaining invoices and other proper records of those transactions, our legal obligations as required to comply with applicable law regarding age verification, collection of card details, maintenance of proper accounts, attend to security issues and prevent or investigate attacks and/or fraud, protection against money laundering, our need regarding the maintenance of banking relationships, complying with applicable regulations and the proper operations of our business.
Solicitation Data. We may also obtain and process data that you may voluntarily provide to us for the purpose of subscribing to our email notifications and/or newsletters. You may subscribe using the forms available on our website(s). Subscribers receive periodic email notices that include special offers, information about campaigns, promotions, donor updates and other relevant information. To unsubscribe from any list, click the “unsubscribe" link and follow the directions or click on the link here. Our legal basis for obtaining this data is your consent when you opt into such programs. We may legitimately process this data to send you the relevant notifications and/or newsletters as you have requested, attend to security issues and prevent or investigate attacks and/or fraud, and the proper operations of our website(s) and business.
In connection with the formation and duration of our relationships with resellers, we may obtain such data directly from the Partners. Our legal basis and legitimate interest in obtaining and processing such data is our legal obligations as required to comply with applicable law regarding age verification, maintenance of proper accounts, protection against money laundering, our need regarding the maintenance of banking relationships, and prevent or investigate attacks and/or fraud, and the proper operations of our website(s) and business.
Social Media Data. We may receive, use and retain information from third party social networking sites with your consent (as you provided to the social media site), including information that social networking sites provide to us if you use your credentials at such social networking sites to log into some of our Services (such as your name and email address to pre-populate our sign-up form).
The information you allow us to access varies by social networking site, and depends on the level of privacy settings you have in place at the social networking site. You can control and find out more about these privacy settings at the applicable social networking site that you use.
5. USAGE DATA – COOKIES AND OTHER AUTOMATIC DATA COLLECTION TECHNOLOGIES
As you navigate through and interact with our website(s) and Services, we may use automatic data collection technologies to collect Usage Data and other information about you, your equipment, browsing actions, and patterns. Such data is collected automatically as you enter and navigate through our sites by our platform using various tools and software applications, including cookies and other tracking technologies.
Usage Data includes the following:
- Details of your visits to our website(s), including traffic data, location data, logs and other communication data and the services that you access and use on our website(s).
- Information about your computer and Internet connection, including your IP address, geographical location, browser type and version, operating system, referral source, length of visit, page views and website navigation paths, as well as information about the timing, frequency and pattern of your service use.
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns and analyze site traffic.
- Store information about your preferences, allowing us to customize our website(s) according to your individual interests including recognizing you when you return to our website(s).
- Enhance and make our website(s) and Services more efficient and responsive.
- Attend to security issues and prevent or investigate attacks and/or fraud, and the proper operations of our website(s) and business.
The information we collect automatically helps us to improve our website(s) and to deliver a better and more personalized Service and user experience, including by enabling us to:
The technologies we use for this automatic data collection may include:
- Cookies (or browser cookies). A cookie is a small file placed on the hard drive of your computer. You can control flash cookies from your browser.
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our website(s) may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from and on our website(s). You can control flash cookies from your browser.
- Session Cookies. A session cookie lasts as long as you are online. We use these cookies to identify your payment methods and to help us personalize your experience. These session cookies help us facilitate any promotions or surveys that we provide. These cookies do not contain any Personal Data and we do not store data collected by them.
- Persistent Cookies. As part of the sign-in process, we may also use what are commonly called persistent cookies, which stay with you and are on your computer, after your session is over and you are offline. We use these cookies in connection with a sign-in feature that allows you to remain partially logged in so that the next time you sign in; you will only need to provide your password.
Cookies do not typically contain any Personal Data (e.g. information that personally identifies a user), but personal information that we store about you may be linked to the information stored in and obtained from cookies. We store this data (along with Social Media Data) in a variety of places within our infrastructure, including system log files, back end databases and analytics systems.
- Information you provide to us (for example at exhibitions or via surveys) or to our partners;
- Information that is publicly available;
- Information you consent to us receiving from third parties.
- We also use recorded telephone conversations for quality control purposes, to train our employees and for our own protection.
- Where necessary for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or in an alternative dispute resolution. The legal basis for this processing is our legitimate interests to protect and assert our legal rights, your legal rights, and the legal rights of third parties.
- Where necessary and as legitimately required for us to secure and maintain adequate insurance policies, manage risks, ensure the security of our website(s) and services, attend to security and prevent or investigate attacks and/or fraud in order to legitimately protect our website(s) and business against risks.
- To the extent reasonably necessary to comply a legal obligation to which we are subject, or to protect the vital interests of you, us or any third party.
FURTHER REASONS FOR DATA COLLECTION & PROCESSING
We may obtain, process and retain any of your Personal Data, whether or not identified in this Policy:
Important. Please bear in mind that the data we collect may fall within one or more of the categories set forth above. In such an instance, the legal basis and legitimate interest in our collection and/or processing of such data is inclusive and we will apply the legal basis and legitimate interest most favorable to our objectives with regard to such data.
6. DISCLOSURE OF PERSONAL DATA TO THIRD PARTIES
We may disclose your Personal Data to third parties insofar as reasonably necessary for the relevant purposes and on the relevant legal basis set out in this Policy. This includes the following:
- To any member of our group of companies (including our subsidiaries, our ultimate holding company and all its subsidiaries);
- To our resellers or third party suppliers insofar as reasonably necessary for the purposes described regarding "Account data", "Payment data" and "Affiliation data" in order to provide the Services you have requested;
- To one or more of our third party advertisers or suppliers of Services identified on our website(s) for the purpose of enabling them to contact you so that you can receive the goods or Services you have purchased while using our website(s);
- To contractors, service providers and other third parties to the extent reasonably necessary for the maintenance, security, and proper operation of our website(s) and our provision of Services;
- To our insurers and/or professional advisers to the extent reasonably necessary for the purposes of obtaining or maintaining insurance coverage, managing risks, prevention or investigation of security breaches and fraud, obtaining professional advice, or the establishment, exercise or defense of legal or equitable claims, whether in court proceedings or in an alternative dispute resolution;
- To our payment services providers to the extent necessary for the purposes of processing or settling payments or addressing complaints and queries relating to such payments or refunds;
- To the extent reasonably necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which we are subject, or in order to protect your vital interests or the vital interests of a third party;
- To third party service providers to the extent reasonably necessary to fulfill and provide Services you have requested through our website(s);
- Consistent with the purpose for which you agreed to provide it; and/or with your consent.
7. SHARING OF INFORMATION
Generally, we may transfer your Personal Data between different jurisdictions. However, in doing so we will comply with the European Data Protection Directive 95/46/EC ("GDPR") and other applicable laws regulating the protection for the transfer of personal information between jurisdictions. This means that we may transfer your data to the United States, the EU, or other countries subject to conditions. If you are a European resident, we will endeavor to confirm that either the European Commission has determined that the receiving jurisdiction provides adequate protection of Personal Data or that other appropriate safeguards are in place, namely the use of relevant standard data protection clauses adopted or approved by the European Commission. Our contracts with such third parties prohibit them from using any of your personal information for any purpose beyond the purpose for which it was shared.
Please note that if you access our services through a tool that hides your location, such as a VPN, or if you access our Services through a location other than where you reside, you may not receive our request for permission because we were not able to identify you as being located in a jurisdiction where your permission is required.
SHARING WITHIN OUR AFFILIATE COMPANIES
We may share your Personal Data with other affiliate companies so that they can contact you with services (or offers) that may be of interest to you and/or so that they can provide you with Services or assistance regarding Services provided by one or more of our members. Any such use or processing will be pursuant to the terms of this Policy. If you are located in a jurisdiction where such sharing requires your permission, we will only do so with your consent.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTY AFFILIATES
When we share personal information with certain third-party affiliates, including marketing and advertising partners, that information may include your name, email address and other information so that our Partner may assist you in using our products and services, contact you with offers, services or products that may be of interest to you, and/or provide you with their products or services.
SHARING WITH THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS AND PARTNERS
We rely on third parties to provide some of the support and services we provide to you. We form contracts with these service providers for this purpose (for example providing banking, payment processing/gateway, IT, and storage services including back-ups or to aid us in our security measures or marketing activities.
If you request a service from a third party through one of our websites, we will pass your personal information to such third party in order for them to fulfill your order.
From time to time our website(s) may portray advertisements or links to third party websites and sources. If you activate such link you will be interacting with such third party and we will retain a record of your having responded to the advertising or link. We may provide such third party with general non-Personal Data necessary to identify our website(s) as the source of any interaction you may have with such third party. However, each such third party will act as a data controller/processer in relation to data that they obtain or receive and when you interact with such third party you will be subject to their Policy, which will govern any of your Personal Data that you provide to them. We have no control over, and are not responsible for, the privacy policies and practices of third parties.
If we are involved in a merger, acquisition, a sale of any part of our company, we may be required to disclose information to the counter-party.
Anyone that you or your company authorizes to have access to your account or any Services, may be able to view Personal Data stored in connection with the account or any subaccount to which they may have access.
8. LEGAL PROCEDURE
If we, in good faith, believe disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with our legal obligations in any relevant jurisdiction, we may disclose information about you, including Personal Data, to courts of law, people acting under the obligation of law, law enforcement authorities and other relevant third parties, such as internet service providers, lawyers or law enforcement, to conduct an investigation, respond to a third party or law enforcement subpoena or court order, bring legal action, prevent harm to others or pursue other relief when you or a third party, in our good faith belief, are or may be:
- violating our terms and conditions of use;
- causing injury or other harm to, or otherwise violating the property or other legal rights, of us, other users, or third parties; or
- violating federal, state, local, or other applicable law.
9. THIRD PARTY LINKS AND INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE BY OUR USERS
Some of our Services provide links to other websites. We do not control the information policies or practices of these third party sites and you should carefully review their privacy policies to learn about how they collect, use and share your personal information.
From time to time we may permit you to log into your account and access our Services using single-sign-in services such as Facebook. These services will authenticate your identity to us and may allow you to control what information these services share with us, thus providing you with options regarding sharing certain personal information with us (e.g. your name and email address to pre-populate our sign up form). Using certain social media features, such as "like", "share", "widgets" or interactive mini-programs that may run on our website(s) may result in the applicable social networking sites collecting Personal Data and other data regarding you and your activities, including your IP address, which page you are visiting on our websites, and may set a cookie to enable it to function properly. You should carefully review the applicable privacy policies of such third party services to learn about how they collect, use and share your personal information.
The transmission of information via the internet, email or text message is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your information transmitted through the Services or over email; any transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your information, we will take good faith measures to safeguard your personal information within our systems against loss, theft and unauthorized use, access or modification.
Through our provider, Google Analytics, data is collected about use of our website(s). We will not provide Google Analytics with your name, phone number, email address or card information. We assign a random number to your usage so that Google Analytics can identify a unique user of our website(s) although Google Analytics does not associate that number with your personally identifiable information. We recognize that you may prefer to limit or eliminate the data that Google Analytics collects about your use of our website(s). Google Analytics does provide an "Opt-out" option. You can review instructions and relevant information about Google Analytics at: http://www.google.com/intl/en/analytics/privacyoverview.html.
11. DATA RETENTION POLICY
We will not retain your Personal Data for periods that are longer than necessary for the purpose for which it was obtained and/or held for processing.
In accordance with applicable regulation, and depending upon its nature, we will retain your Personal Data for a minimum period of up to ten (10) years following the last day in which you interacted with us regarding the purpose for which the Personal Data was obtained and processed. We will retain the following Personal Data up to the specified period: Account Data – 6 years; User Content Data 4 years, Customer Contact Data – 4 years; and Payment Data – 10 years. Personal Data not falling within any of the above categories will be retained for as long as it is necessary for the stated purpose or the period required by law, if longer.
In some cases it is not possible for us to specify in advance the periods for which your Personal Data will be retained. In such cases, we undertake to determine a period of retention based upon the relevant applicable statute of limitations as concerns any claim you may have as against each other based upon your interaction with our website(s) and/or the order or delivery of any goods or services and to attend to security issues and prevent or investigate attacks and/or fraud, maintain our record keeping, and properly administer our website(s) and business.
In any event, we may retain your Personal Data where retention is necessary for legal or regulatory compliance purposes or in order to protect the vital interests of either of us or of a third party.
Choices About How We Use and Disclose Your Information
- Promotional Offers from the Company. If you do not wish receive solicitations promoting our own Services or those of our partners or third parties, you can opt-out by following the unsubscribe link in any email, by logging into our website(s) and adjusting your user preferences, or by sending us an e-mail stating your request to: HQ@avale.africa and including as the subject: unsubscribe me.
Accessing and Correcting Your Information
You can review and change some of your Personal Data and some other Non-Personal Data via your account. However, your right to change or delete information is subject to exceptions generally referenced in this Policy.
If your physical or email address changes, please advise us via email or update your user account information so our records remain up to date and there is no delay to your receipt of Services. We are not responsible for incomplete services due to your failure to accurately maintain such information.
To exercise any of your rights in relation to your Personal Data, or to request access to, correct or delete any personal information that you have provided to us, please contact us by e-mail at HQ@avale.africa. User names cannot be modified once created. Certain Personal Data may not be deleted unless you also delete your accounts with us – which means terminating our Services. There are exceptions to our obligation to delete or modify your Personal Data. In general, we may not accommodate a request to delete or change information if the change would violate any law or regulation or if retention is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, comply with a legal obligation, attend to security issues and prevent or investigate attacks and/or fraud, maintain our record keeping, and properly administer our website(s) and business, to protect the vital interests of you, us, or any third party, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
We reserve the right to require proof of identity and residence, and (subject to applicable legal restriction) to obtain reasonable compensation as a condition to providing access to, modifying or deleting your data.
If you delete User Content Data from our website(s), copies of your User Content Data may remain viewable in cached and archived pages, or might have been copied or stored by other website users or third parties over which we have no control (e.g. Google).
12. SPECIAL RIGHTS FOR EUROPEAN RESIDENTS.
If you reside in the European Union you may have additional rights as set forth under the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulation 2016/679 ("GDPR"). The GDPR is a regulatory scheme and we have not provided an exhaustive summary in this Policy. We advise you to read the regulation and guidance provided by the relevant regulatory authorities for a full explanation of your rights.
Your principal rights under the GDPR are access, rectification, erasure, processing restriction or objection, portability, withdrawal of consent and the right to complaint to a regulatory authority. These rights are not absolute and exceptions apply. For example, we may not accommodate a request to delete or change information if we can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds that override your interests or the change would violate any law or regulation or if retention is necessary to exercise the right of freedom of expression and information, comply with a legal obligation, attend to security issues and prevent or investigate attacks and/or fraud, maintain our record keeping, and properly administer our website(s) and business, to protect the vital interests of you, us, or any third party, or for the establishment, exercise or defense of legal claims.
If the legal basis for our processing your Personal Data is your consent, or the necessity to comply with your requests, or for the performance of a contract we have with you, and we are automatically processing your Personal Data, you have the right to receive from us a copy of such Personal Data in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. However, this right does not apply where it would adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others.
To the extent that the legal basis for our processing of your personal information is consent, you have the right to withdraw that consent at any time subject to applicable exceptions. Withdrawal will not affect the lawfulness of processing before the withdrawal.
If you consider that our processing of your personal information infringes data protection laws, you have a legal right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority responsible for data protection. You may do so in the EU member state of your habitual residence, your place of work, or the place of the alleged infringement.
We commit to resolve complaints about our collection or use of your Personal Data as required under the applicable regulations.
We have implemented measures designed to secure your Personal Data from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration and disclosure. All information you provide to us is stored on our secure servers behind firewalls. Any donations and payment transactions will be encrypted using SSL technology using third party gateway/processors.
Where we have given you (or where you have chosen) a password for access to certain parts of our website(s), you are responsible for selecting one that is strong and keeping it confidential. We ask you not to share your password with anyone and be careful about disclosing any personal information in public areas of our website(s). The information you share in public areas may be viewed by any user of our website(s).
The transmission of information via the Internet (e.g. email) is not completely secure. Although we do our best to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information while it is being transmitted to our website(s). Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on our website(s).
13. CHANGES TO OUR POLICY
We may modify this Policy at any time by publishing a new version on our website(s). If we make material changes to how we treat our users’ personal information, we will notify you through a notice on our website(s) home page and/or by email. The effective date the Policy was last revised is identified at the top of the page. You are responsible for ensuring we have an up-to-date active and deliverable e-mail address for you, and for periodically visiting our website(s) and this Policy to check for any changes.
14. CONTACT INFORMATION
To ask questions or comment about this Policy and our privacy practices, contact us at:
Our website(s) is www.avale.africa
If any provision of this Policy is held by a court or other tribunal of competent jurisdiction to be invalid, illegal or unenforceable for any reason, such provision shall be eliminated or limited to the minimum extent such that the remaining provisions of the Policy, as amended from time to time, will continue in full force and effect. Links to other websites and webpages appearing in this Policy are as of the effective date of this Policy and are subject to change without notice. Accordingly, we provide no assurance that such links remain accurate or correct following the effective date of this Policy.
AVALE AFRICA LTD TERMS OF USAGE
ACCESS AND USE OF THE CAMPAIGN SERVICES
Nature of Services.
REPRESENTATIONS AND WARRANTIES.
MEMBER ACCOUNT, PASSWORD AND SECURITY.
- They are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of their passwords and account(s), if any, and are fully responsible for any and all activities that occur under the password or account.
- They shall immediately notify Avale of any unauthorized use of their password or account or any other breach of security, and sign out from their account at the end of each session when accessing the Services. Avale will not be liable for any loss or damage arising from a failure to comply with this Section.
Modifications to Services:
Public Content; Public Display of Donations:
Illegal and Prohibited conduct
- violating any law, regulation, industry requirement, or third-party guidelines or agreements by which you are bound, including those of payment card providers and transaction processors that you utilize in connection with the Services;
- any election campaigns that are not run by a registered organization within the supported country;
- content or campaigns that are fraudulent, misleading, inaccurate, dishonest, or impossible;
- drugs, narcotics, steroids, controlled substances, pharmaceuticals or similar products or therapies that are either illegal, prohibited, or enjoined by an applicable regulatory body; legal substances that provide the same effect as an illegal drug; or other products, medical practices, or any related equipment or paraphernalia that have been found by an applicable regulatory body to cause consumer harm;
- knives, explosives, ammunition, firearms, or other weaponry or accessories;
- annuities, investments, equity or lottery contracts, lay-away systems, off-shore banking or similar transactions, money service businesses (including currency exchanges, check cashing or the like), pyramid schemes, “get rich quick schemes” (i.e., Investment opportunities or other services that promise high rewards), network marketing and referral marketing programs, debt collection or crypto-currencies;
- gambling, gaming and/or any other activity with an entry fee and a prize, including, but not limited to casino games, sports betting, fantasy sports, horse or greyhound racing, lottery tickets, raffle tickets, auctions and other ventures that facilitate gambling, games of skill or chance (whether or not it is legally defined as a lottery), promotions involving monetary rewards, including gift cards, or sweepstakes;
- campaigns we deem, in our sole discretion, to be in support of, or for the legal defense of alleged crimes associated with hate, violence, harassment, bullying, discrimination, terrorism, or intolerance of any kind relating to race, ethnicity, national origin, religious affiliation, sexual orientation, sex, gender or gender identity, or serious disabilities or diseases;
- activities with, in, or involving countries, regions, governments, persons, or entities that are subject to Nigeria and other economic sanctions under applicable law, unless such activities are expressly authorized by the appropriate governmental authority;
- funding a ransom, human trafficking or exploitation, vigilantism, bribes or bounty;
- pornography or other sexual content;
- offensive, graphic, perverse or sensitive content;
- the sale of items before the seller has control or possession of the item;
- collecting payments on behalf of merchants by payment processors or otherwise; including but not limited to self-payments on campaigns or an attempt to bypass or otherwise circumvent the designated method of payment as provided by Avale;
- credit repair or debt settlement services;
- the receipt or grant of cash advances or lines of credit to yourself or to another person for purposes other than those purposes clearly stated in the Campaign;
- publication or removal of content (such as mug shots), where the primary purpose of posting such content is to cause or raise concerns of reputational harm;
- sale or resale of a service without added benefit to the buyer; resale of government offerings without authorization or added value;
- aggregation of funds owed to third parties, factoring, or other activities intended to obfuscate the origin of funds;
- counterfeit music, movies, software, or other licensed materials without the appropriate authorization from the rights holder;
- products or services that directly infringe or facilitate infringement upon the trademark, patent, copyright, trade secrets, or proprietary or privacy rights of any third party;
- unauthorized sale or resale of brand name or designer products or services;
- sale of goods or services that are illegally imported or exported;
- processing where there is no bona fide donation accepted; cash advance; card testing; evasion of card network chargeback monitoring programs;
- collecting or providing funds for any purpose other than as described in a Campaign description;
- any other activity that Avale may deem in its sole discretion to be in support of individuals and/or entities associated with alleged financial crimes including but not limited to corruption, bribery, tax evasion, fraud, and activities of a similar nature; or
- any other activity that Avale may deem in its sole discretion to be unacceptable.
- not to make or accept any donations known or suspected to be erroneous, suspicious or fraudulent;
- not to use the Services in or for the benefit of a country, organization, entity, or person embargoed or blocked by any government, including those on sanctions lists identified by the Nigerian Government or its agencies;
- to maintain reasonable and standard security measures to protect any information transmitted and received through the Services, including without limitation by adhering to any security procedures and controls required by Avale from time to time;
- to maintain a copy of all electronic and other records related to Campaigns and Donations as necessary for Avale to verify compliance with these Terms of Service and make such records available to Avale upon request. For clarity, the foregoing does not affect or limit your obligations to maintain documentation as required by applicable laws, rules, regulations, or governmental authority; and
- at Avale’s request, including without limitation in case of investigations by Avale, a payment processing partner, or a regulatory or governmental authority, fully cooperate in the auditing of such records, investigation of the relevant circumstances and remedy of any uncovered violation or wrongdoing.
Donor representations and warranties.
WITHDRAWING DONATIONS FROM A CAMPAIGN.
SPECIAL NOTICE FOR INTERNATIONAL USE; EXPORT CONTROLS.
INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS
User Content Transmitted Through the Services:
Payment Card Industry Data Security Standard:
Avale Copyright Agent:
your physical or electronic signature;
Repeat Infringer Policy:
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES/SERVICES
INDEMNITY AND RELEASE
DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
Limitation of Liability
ARBITRATION; CLASS ACTION WAIVER.
NO CLASS ACTIONS.
MODIFICATIONS TO THIS ARBITRATION PROVISION.
QUESTIONS, CONCERNS AND SUGGESTIONS.
Date of Last Revision: November 1, 2019
I. SCOPE AND APPLICABILITY
- Avale is committed to ensuring that it maintains ethical business practices, complies with applicable laws, and its crowdfunding platform is not used for funding illegal activities. To achieve this objective, Avale has prepared this Anti-Money Laundering Policy (“AML Policy”) and requests you carefully read and abide by the policy. This policy includes your obligations under applicable laws on the prevention of money laundering, and does not detract in any manner from those obligations. We urge you to be aware of your obligations under such applicable laws. Avale’s ability to comply with its obligations under applicable law is dependent on your cooperation, which we seek via this policy.
- To ensure that we are not involved in any transactions that are known or suspected to be means of laundering money if any suspicious activity is noticed, users of the Avale platform are urged to promptly contact government authorities to facilitate any action that may be needed.
- This money laundering policy applies to all persons using and accessing Avale’s platform. This includes all donors, contributors, campaigners, volunteers, beneficiaries, and persons visiting our platform. All these persons are collectively referred to as “Users” or “users”.
II. WHAT CONSTITUTES MONEY LAUNDERING AND SUSPICIOUS TRANSACTIONS
- “Money laundering” is largely understood to mean any act or attempt (directly or indirectly and even by association in one step of a series of transactions) to conceal or disguise the origin and ownership of proceeds obtained illegally, such that it appears to have originated from legitimate sources; thus avoiding prosecution, conviction and confiscation of such proceeds. Terrorist organizations, tax evaders, smugglers, persons involved in bribery or any persons that receive money for illegal activities and/or through illegal means may launder money.
- Recognizing transactions involving money laundering requires awareness of possible suspicious activity, which may arise at any time. Below is an indicative list of actions that persons associated with Avale should be careful of. This list is not exhaustive, as every circumstance is not foreseeable. However, regardless of appearing together or individually, please be aware of the following situations that may be indications of money laundering activity:
- Users that are reluctant to provide complete information, or those that provide incomplete, false or suspicious information and/ or are unwilling to comply with Avale’s identification requirements;
- Users that appear as agents or representatives for other individuals or organizations, but refuse to provide complete information about such individuals or organizations;
- Any person, including an Avale employee, that is concerned about or seeks to avoid any reporting requirements or refuses to maintain required records;
- Donations of large amounts that appear to be out of place or inconsistent with normal donation patterns, in the absence of any legitimate requirement for such donation;
- Requests for payments to be made in unrelated countries or to third parties;
- Multiple partial payments from various parties on behalf of a single user and/or multiple partial payments from various locations;
- Users making payments in one form, then requesting refunds in other forms (for example, making payments by credit card, but requesting refunds in cash or by wire transfers);
- Users making contributions, followed by immediate requests to wire out or transfer the funds to a third party or firm, without connected purposes;
- Users requesting for donations to be paid in cash or wired to a third party or firm, without connected purposes;
- On-boarding of users by Avale employees based on incomplete information or in contravention of Avale’s policies;
- Acceptance of incentives by an Avale employee for breaching Avale’s policies;
- Users connected to countries and/ or persons identified as non- cooperative by the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission, Financial Action Task Force on Money Laundering established by the G-7 Summit in 1987, Office of Foreign Assets Control, US Department of Treasury and international organizations against money laundering.
III. STEPS TO ENSURE COMPLIANCE
1. Compliance with Applicable Law:
Users must, at all times, ensure that they access and/or utilize Avale’s platform in compliance will all applicable laws. Users contributing or donating to campaigns should also ensure that no funds used to contribute or donate to a campaign originate from any unlawful activity. Similarly, users collecting funds for a campaign must ensure that they are not used for any illegal purpose.
2. Reporting Suspicious Activity:
Users must, and without delay, report to relevant government authorities any suspicious activity or red flag that they might come across while accessing or using Avale’s platform.
IV. ACTION BY AVALE
Upon receiving knowledge of suspicious transactions or any breach of applicable law or this policy, Avale may take one or more of the following steps:
- Probe into the incident;
- Report the incident directly to the appropriate government authority;
- Suspend or delete a campaign;
- Suspend or delete the user account(s);
- Other steps/actions that Avale may deem appropriate.
V. CONSEQUENCES OF AML POLICY VIOLATIONS
Users agree that irreparable damage would occur to Avale if any of the provisions of this AML Policy are not complied with. Accordingly, users agree that Avale is entitled to claim damages from users for violating this AML Policy in addition to any other remedy to which they are entitled at law or in equity.
VI. NO LIABILITY
To the extent permitted under applicable law, Avale shall have no liability in respect of any illegal transactions that take place on its platform. Avale shall also not be liable for any consequences (monetary or otherwise) suffered by the stakeholders of a campaign or other users if it takes action (in its sole discretion) pursuant to this policy and applicable law.
VII. COMPLIANCE AND COOPERATION
This policy must be complied with by the user in addition to the local laws applicable to the users in their home jurisdictions. Users agree that upon being requested by Avale or its legal counsel or any government authorities they shall fully cooperate with them in any formal or informal inquiry, investigation or other proceedings. In this regard, users agree that they will promptly provide all information or documents they may possess relevant to the inquiry, investigation or legal action or proceeding without any demur and at their own costs.
VIII. MAINTENANCE AND DISCLOSURE OF RECORDS
To help us comply with applicable law we obtain and record information that identifies users on our platform. This means we must ask you for certain identifying information, including copies of government-issued ID and such other information or documents that we consider appropriate to verify your identity. For a detailed list of information collected, please visitHERE.
Avale hereby reserves the right to maintain records confirming the identity of its users and the transactions undertaken by them for as long as may be required under applicable law. Avale also reserves the right to disclose this information to government authorities in case of any inquiry, investigation or other proceedings initiated by them.
XI. GOOD FAITH
No policy, law or code of conduct can foresee every situation, and Avale relies on the good faith of its users to promptly report any concerns or ‘red flags’ envisaged by this AML Policy to government authorities. Avale presumes that all information (including documents relating to the identity of its users) is true and accurate and the users represent the same to Avale by virtue of using the services of Avale.
Avale reserves the right to modify and amend this AML Policy at any time. Avale will not be liable to any users or third parties for any modification or amendment. Users are recommended to review the AML Policy from time to time, for the most up-to-date version. In the event of modification or amendment to the AML Policy, continued use of the Avale platform, after notice of material changes, will constitute acceptance of the modified or amended terms. If the modifications or amendments to the AML Policy are not acceptable by any registered users, the only remedy would be to cease usage of the Avale platform, by deleting the relevant account or writing to us atHQ@avale.africa
XI. GOVERNING LAW
Any dispute or claim relating in any way to this AML Policy is subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts in Nigeria. Laws prevailing in Nigeria, without regard to principles of conflict of laws, will govern this AML Policy and any dispute related to/arising from this AML Policy, between Avale and the concerned user.
This AML Policy will survive the termination of Avale’s relationship with the concerned user.
Should you have any queries or require any assistance in relation to this policy, please write to us at HQ@avale.africa
Profile successfully updated
Although you can re-register at any time and restart your goodwill journey, deleting your account will permanently erase all data associated with it.
your account have been successfully delete
Please confirm that the following account information provide are correct or ClICK HERE to edit the correct information before you continue.
your withdrawal request is being proccessed